It’s no secret that an increasing number of shoppers are addicted to coupons, and companies like Groupon are capitalizing on this trend. The use of coupons offers your business a new and creative way to capture more customers and increase sales.
Why mobile coupons? Mobile coupons offer a convenient method for your customers to capture, save and redeem your coupons. Mobile coupons can be promoted with any advertising media… print, web, television, radio, or in-store. And since they are paperless, they are the ‘green’ option for coupon advertising.
Instead of clipping your coupon in a print ad, your customer can simply text a message like ‘VIP Sale’ to a number and receive your coupon offer back on their cell phone. This will work on just about any cell phone, not just a smart phone. And because most of your customers carry their cell phones with them, they won’t miss an opportunity to capture your coupon.
Further, you now have a potential customer to add to your data base – once they agree to ‘opt’ in to receive future promotions from you. They can opt-out at any time, but until they do, you can text message them promotions of interest.
You can also add a QR Code to your ad which when captured by a smart phone can lead back to your mobile website where your coupon is displayed along with more information on your business, including location, videos, and other promotions.
Since text messages have much higher open rates than email, and are not subject to spam filters, you will find you have a much more responsive customer list with text message marketing. Used judiciously, you will keep a valuable and responsive customer on your list and generate more income for your business.
How It Works
1. Shoppers are presented with an opportunity to receive a coupon on their mobile phone (for example, through a window promotion or print ad).
2. To receive the coupon, shoppers send a text message with the advertised keyword.
3. The coupon is delivered with a return text message and can include additional information such as a website address.
4. Shoppers present the coupon at checkout to receive the discount or special offer.
5. You gain a valuable customer that you can add to your data base for future promotion.
- Attract new customers passing by your store
- Build a subscriber base to broadcast your text coupons to
- Promote a new product
- Run contests to generate a buzz about your store
Contact us to learn how to add mobile marketing to your advertising and start attracting new customers now.